- 1.25 kg macaroni
- 3 l Oldenburger Fullcream Milk, 3.5% fat
- 300 ml Oldenburger Whipping Cream, 30% fat
- 6 tsp Oldenburger Butter, unsalted
- nutmeg, freshly milled
- 375 g cooked ham
- 375 g Oldenburger Burlander 45% fat i.d.m.
- 375 g Oldenburger Emmental 45% fat i.d.m.
- 75 g breadcrumbs
- sea salt
- freshly milled pepper
- 5 tbsp chives for decorating
PreparationChop cooked ham in strips. Dice Oldenburger Burlander and Oldenburger Emmental.
The PastaPut macaroni, Oldenburger Milk, Oldenburger Whipping Cream, 3 tsp Oldenburger Butter and the grated nutmeg in a pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10-12 minutes with lid on. Stir occasionally. Then, add boiled ham and Oldenburger Burlander as well as Oldenburger Emmental cubes. Stir gently until cheese has melted. Season with sea salt and freshly milled pepper.
The CrumbsMelt the rest of the Oldenburger Butter, add breadcrumbs and roast.
The Final TouchPlace pasta on serving dish and garnish with roasted breadcrumbs and chives.
Tips from Chefs to Chefs
In Europe, Cheese is part of the traditional everyday diet and served with bread, gratinated or molten in sauces and soups.