- 625 ml lukewarm water
- 10 g dry yeast
- 20 g sugar
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1.25 kg all-purpose flour, sieved
- 10 g salt
- 800 g tinned
- chopped tomatoes
- 15 g dried oregano
- 1 kg Oldenburger Grated Cheese Mix, 45% fat i.d.m.
- 7 fresh tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 60 pitted black olives
- 200 g basil
- extra virgin olive oil
PreparationMix the water with the yeast and sugar in a bowl and let it soak for about 5 minutes in a warm place until it forms a foam. Add the olive oil. Put the sieved flour and the salt in a bowl, add the yeast mixture and knead into a smooth dough.
Cover the dough and leave it to rise in a warm place for 45 – 60 minutes.
Knead the dough again and divide it into 10 portions of about 170 g each. Before continuing, let the dough balls rise again for about 15 minutes.
Making the Tomato SauceMix the tinned tomatoes with salt and oregano to make a pizza sauce.
Making the PizzaRoll the dough balls out to form round pizza bases (each about 30 cm in diameter), spread them evenly with the pizza sauce and cover them with Oldenburger Grated Cheese Mix.
Baking the PizzaBake in a preheated oven, ideally on a pizza stone, at about 250 °C for about 6 – 8 minutes.
The Final TouchThen cover with the tomato slices, olives and basil and briefly return to the oven. Drizzle some olive oil on it before serving.
Tips from Chefs to Chefs
01. Try using chili oil instead of olive oil before serving! Or as a variation, add thin slices of prosciutto before serving.
02. If this product isn't available, you can also grate our 2.5 kg or 3 kg mozzarella and gouda loaves.