- 10 pieces tarte flambee or pizza dough
- vegetable oil
- 2 egg yolks
- 10 ml sugar syrup
- 500 ml Oldenburger Whipping Cream 35% fat
- 20 g cream stiffener
- 20 g sugar seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 500 g strawberries, quartered
- 30 g strawberry purée
- 20 g mint, chopped
- 1 lime, zest
- Sichuan pepper, ground
PreparationRoll out the pieces of dough to a size of 17 x 8 cm each. Brush oil on metal tubes with a diameter of 2.5 cm. Mix the egg yolks with a little water and sugar syrup. Wrap the dough around the tubes, brush with the egg yolk mixture and bake in an oven at 180 °C until golden yellow. While still warm, remove from the tubes and allow to cool.
Making the Vanilla CreamMix the Oldenburger Whipping Cream with cream stiffener, sugar and vanilla seeds, pour into a cream siphon, carbonate and refrigerate.
Making the Strawberry SaladMarinate the strawberries with the strawberry purée, mint and lime zest.
The Final TouchServe garnished with shiso.
Tips from Chefs to Chefs
01. How firm and stable whipped cream turns out, depends on the cream’s fat content. You will obtain best results with a cream with a fat contents of at least 30%. The higher the fat content the more stable the cream. Cream should always be refrigerated between 4 and 10 °C. before whipping. If you wish the whipped cream to stay firm even longer, a cream stiffener can be added during whipping.
02. Cream supports a lighter and less buttery filling in cakes and is greatly appreciated by many chefs. At the same time, it is a wholesome, natural product.