- 1 kg Oldenburger SHANI Whipping Cream UHT, 35% fat
- cream stiffener
- 50 g confectionery fig paste or fig syrup
- 30 dark sponge cake bases, 8 cm in diameter
- 60 ml orange simple syrup
- 250 g fresh figs, finely chopped
- 10 pieces candied walnut, halved
- caramel sauce for garnish
Whip the Oldenburger SHANI Whipping Cream, until stiff, if necessary adding cream stiffener while following the instructions on the package. Flavour with the fig paste or syrup, and put into a piping bag with a smooth nozzle.
Making the Cakelets
Line 10 serving rings (each about 8 cm in diameter) with cake collars, insert a sponge cake base in each, and soak with a little orange simple syrup. Put about 30 g fig cream on the base, add another base and repeat the procedure. Refrigerate the cakelets.
The Final Touch
Before serving, remove the ring and collar and serve garnished with dabs of fig cream, fresh figs, walnuts and a little caramel sauce.
Tips from Chefs to Chefs
For an even more chocolaty dessert, substitute chocolate
liqueur for the fig syrup.