- 1.9 kg chickpeas (tinned), strained
- 4 garlic cloves, finely grated with salt
- 20 g baking powder
- 20 g cumin
- 10 g coriander seeds
- 10 g sumac
- 10 g garam masala
- 10 g chili flakes
- 10 g tahini
- 30 g parsley, chopped
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 500 g Oldenburger Gouda, 48% fat i.d.m., in about 1.5 x 1.5 cm cubes
- 300 g cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 100 ml light vinaigrette
- 100 g mint, finely chopped
PreparationPurée the chickpeas with the garlic, baking powder, spices, parsley and lemon juice.
Making the FalafelForm about 50 balls and place one cube of Oldenburger Gouda in the centre of each. Fry them in a deep fryer.
The Final TouchArrange the sliced tomatoes on plates, sprinkle them with vinaigrette and place the falafel balls on top. Serve them garnished with mint.
Tips from Chefs to Chefs
Serve it with a spicy sour cream dip with chili flakes.