- 1.5 kg Oldenburger Gouda 48 %, fat i.d.m.
- 150 g wheat flour
- 5 large eggs
- 500 g taco shells
- 750 g mixed tomatoes, finely diced
- 60 g red onions, finely diced
- 1 bunch coriander or parsley
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- 80 ml olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
Preparing the Salsa
Preparing and Baking the Cheese
The Final Touch
Tips from Chefs to Chefs
01. Real cheese is made from from fresh cow’s milk and produced in a traditional way. It is a good source of protein. In Europe, cheese is part of the traditional everyday diet and served with bread, gratinated or molten in sauces and soups. Cheese is a wholesome food and high in calcium and vitamins A, B2, B12 and D.
02. Gouda may in fact be the oldest kind of cheese in the world which is still produced today. It has a mild and creamy taste. Fried cheese schnitzel are easy to prepare in advance: Just coat, fry and cool. Shortly before serving, bake in a hot oven at 180 °C for a convection oven (200 °C conventional oven) for approximately 5 minutes.
You can also shape the cheese in many different ways: e.g. by cutting them into hearts, triangles or other shapes. Just coat and fry them and serve as finger food.